Monday, November 5, 2007

Sharks!!

Ok - not the real kind, the hockey kind!

One of my co-workers put together a package deal so on Friday night we attended our first hockey game since arriving out here. It was the San Jose Sharks vs. the LA Kings.

We were in what amounted to a box with plenty of room and tables and chairs instead of tiny little stadium seats. We had table-side food and a private bar. It was definitely my preferred way to see a game.

Four of my co-workers who attended had never been to a hockey game before (how is that even possible??). So my hockey knowledge was tested as I tried to explain the rules and why the play kept stopping, and what are the big circles on the ice for and why isn't the puck illuminated like it is on TV?

The Sharks lost. But it was a good time.

No comments: