Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fall in Sonoma

Mike and I were given a special wedding gift back in March - gift certificates for a weekend away at an inn in Sonoma in the heart of the California wine country. The Four Sisters Inns are group of Inns along the west coast that are welcoming and comfortable with homemade cookies in the cookie jar in the lobby! When I first started looking at when to go I soon realized it was a very popular place and had to book our weekend many months out. So needless to say I had been looking forward to this weekend for a long time.
I'd been missing the Fall lately since most of the trees in our area don't change colour and it's still pretty warm. Well this was just what I needed. The trees were beautiful, all full of colour and the air was crisp just like it should be in the Fall.

It was a very relaxing weekend. Sonoma is a quaint little town with more wineries than you can imagine within just a few miles. I would definitely go back and most probably will!
This is where we stayed....




This is the Ledson winery.


A beautiful shot of the leaves in the vineyards changing colour...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys got some great shots - You'll have to tell us all about it next time...

expatmom (Colleen H.) said...

It's beautiful! Both the castle and the vineyards make me miss Switzerland. :(

Anne said...

After fall comes winter. Are you going to miss that too? Beautifull shots. Glad you enjoyed your weekend.